The Trafalgar School at Downton (“the school”) is an academy and is part of Magna Learning Partnership, a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales Number 7865850. Registered Office: Church Road, Laverstock, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1RD and as such, Magna Learning Partnership is the Admissions Authority for The Trafalgar School.
- Admission to the school is not dependent on any ‘voluntary’ contribution
- Students will be admitted at the age of 11+ without reference to ability or aptitude providing they can demonstrate that they are suitable for mainstream education
- Students are not barred from admission to the school on the grounds of race, colour, ethnicity, nationality, first language, religion, attainment level, gender, disability (within the limitations of physical surroundings), class, background or any other reason that cannot be shown as reasonable and justifiable
- As required by the Admissions Code the school will give priority to Looked after Children and Previously Looked after Children
- The Director of Education (Wiltshire) may at their discretion direct the school to offer a child a place at the school. The school will endeavour to provide places for students who live outside the school’s Designated Area whose parents wish them to attend the school. The school does not utilise a feeder school criterion. Its admission arrangements are therefore based on where children live not where children may have been previously educated. There is no guarantee of a place at the school for any applicant whether living in the school’s Designated Area or not. The school participates in the Local Authority Co-ordinated Scheme and all deadlines within that scheme must be adhered to by applicants. Magna Learning Partnership, as the Admissions Authority for the school, confirms that any offers of a place found to be made on the basis of inaccurate information may be withdrawn. Examples would include fraudulent applications, intentionally misleading applications and a false claim to residence in the school’s Designated Area.
IN YEAR ADMISSIONS 2018 2019
- All applications for a school place must be made through Wiltshire Council
- All parents must apply through the local authority where they live, but any applications for a school in Wiltshire must come through Wiltshire Council
- Wiltshire Council is aiming to process all in year or transfer applications quickly and have set a twenty day turn around as a target. This will be in line with the DfE regulations
Admissions Policy 2018 2019
Admissions Policy 2019 2020
MLP Admission Appeal Form
In Year Transfer Application
In Year Fair Access Protocol
Primary & Secondary School Admissions Booklet